Congratulations on Your New Kitten!
Thank you for considering PCAC for your cat’s care. Kittens at PCAC will be examined at least 3 times in his first four months. Kittens, just like babies, grow and change quickly and their development should be monitored to ensure it is happening appropriately. By examining your kitten every 3-4 weeks we can catch issues such as viral infections, congenital heart disease, juvenile periodontal disease, and more. Your kitten will receive a comprehensive physical exam at each kitten visit.
The areas examined include your pet’s ears, eyes, gastro-intestinal system and abdomen, heart and cardiovascular system, lungs/trachea and respiratory system, lymph nodes and thyroid gland, musculoskeletal system, nervous system, nose and throat, skin and hair coat, urogenital system, and mouth/teeth/and gums. At PCAC, our comprehensive wellness exams are one of the things that set us apart from other hospitals. Clients have said things such as “My pet has never been thoroughly examined like that before!” In addition to the doctor discussing the exam with you, every pet receives a and the findings. Your kitten will also be vaccinated against and tested for life-threatening diseases.
Kitten Wellness Packages
Your kitten will need extra medical care for the first 6-8 months of life. So you can understand what your kitten will receive at each visit and to help you know what the cost will be, we offer 2 wellness packages that cover most of what your kitten will need in the first year.
Both of our kitten wellness packages include:
- 3 Wellness Exams* at approximately 8, 12, and 16 weeks of age
- *Illness visits are not substituted as it is important to receive all wellness care
- Vaccinations against the core feline diseases
- FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, and Panleukopenia)
- FeLV (Feline Leukemia)
- 2 Stool Analyses testing for parasitic and bacterial infections
- 2 Nail Trims
- 3 Months of heartworm and parasite prevention
- 20% off topical heartworm/parasite control of 10% off oral heartworm/parasite control
Other options within the packages include:
- FeLV/FIV Test – blood test for Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus. Included with our Kitten Package, discounted with our Adopted Kitten Package.
- Microchip – permanent identification using a small identifying chip inserted under the skin. Discounted with both Kitten and Adopted Kitten Package.
- Spay or Neuter – using a laser instead of a scalpel blade, reduces your cat’s chance of cancers, behavioral issues, and prevents unwanted pregnancies. Included in our Kitten Package.
Please note, if you are considering declawing you cat, we will request that you discuss with your veterinarian the reasons, alternatives, and the procedure before scheduling. We understand that there are circumstances where declawing if the only option for the health of your family, and we do offer the procedure using the safest and least painful method possible.
The declaw procedure is only done if there are no alternative such and nail caps and behavior modification. At PCAC, declaw surgeries are done exclusively with the laser due to the decrease in pain versus traditional methods. The surgical laser seals vessels, lymphatics, and nerve endings as it cuts, resulting in less bleeding, less swelling, and less pain. This allows you cat a more rapid return to normal activities. Cats are ready to go home and play after just one night in the hospital (but don’t let them as recovery takes a couple weeks). If you would like more information on how the procedure is performed, please contact one of our trained staff members.