Starting June 1, 2021
In March 2020, our lives changed in many interesting, sometimes challenging, and sometimes beneficial ways. We appreciated everyone’s patience as we learned a new way to take care of you and your pets. But we are excited to see you and having you as a hands-on part of your pet’s healthcare team.
Starting June 1, 2021, we welcome you back into the exam rooms with your pets as the first phase for opening our doors. Here are some things to know:
- Call us at 303-841-8833 or text us at 303-974-4323 when you arrive to check-in. Our client service representatives will either direct you to an exam room when one is available or ask you to remain curbside for the following appointment types:
- Technician appointments
- Surgery, dentistry, and day admit check-in and pick-up. We will also continue to perform procedure discharges over the phone to expedite pick-up.
- Food and medication pick-up
- Although mask mandates have recently changed, we still strongly encourage individuals who are unvaccinated to wear a mask. If you are unvaccinated and choose not to wear a mask, we ask that you remain curbside as a courtesy to our other clients and staff.
- The majority of our staff is vaccinated however many will continue to wear masks for the safety of our clients in most situations.
- We will be thoroughly disinfecting rooms between exams. This may result in delays in getting you seated. Please remain outside or in your vehicle until we have a room available and you are invited inside.
- Any client who is more comfortable not entering the hospital can remain curbside for exams.
As we have learned through all of this, things can change quickly and flexibility is necessary. There is always the possibility that this information may be adjusted in the future as we continue to determine what works best for our clients, patients, and team. If we have to change any of our procedures we will communicate via email and social media.
Just as transitioning to curbside took a little time to work out, please understand that so too will transitioning back to in-hospital appointments. One thing that has not and will not change is our team’s devotion and passion for taking care of our clients and our patients. We hurt when they hurt, we love when they love. Our priority is always to be advocates for the pets that we are privileged to work with, educating our pet owners on how to keep their pets healthy and happy, and taking care of our team’s well-being so that they can provide exceptional care for all those who come through our doors (or parking lot).
IF YOU OR SOMEBODY IN YOUR HOUSE ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
We know that you are probably being bombarded by COVID-19 updates. We have made a link for you to visit that will have the most up-to-date information regarding Parker Center Animal Clinic and COVID-19.
At this time, we are not able to allow any non-essential personnel into Parker Center Animal Clinic. We have determined that this will be the best way to keep you & your families, our staff & their families as safe as possible. We are still able to see appointments. Please read the information below to see how we will be conducting business, until further notice.
We appreciate your patience, cooperation, and understanding during this time. Thank you for allowing us to continue to care for your pets.
Curb Side Attendant
We will still be seeing appointments; it will just be looking a little different than normal.
- When you call to make your appointment, we will send you a link with a form to fill out. This will enable us to get a history of your pet before you arrive.
- Posted at each parking spot will be a sign with the spot number you are in and a number to text or call us when you get here. PLEASE STAY INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE.
- We will dispatch one of our technicians to your car to collect your pet. The technician will determine the best way to get your pet out of your car. Please wait for further instruction from them.
- We will examine, diagnose, & treat your pet inside the hospital. All communication from the doctor will be over the phone. All payment will be taken care of over the phone, as well.
Day Admit Appointments
Although this has always been an option for our clients, you may hear us making this recommendation more frequently. Typically, we have requested that our day admit appointments arrive before 11:00AM. We are extending these hours from 7:00AM – 3:00PM.
- Call us ahead of time to schedule a drop-off time.
- We will send you an email with a link to fill out a form so that we can collect a history before your appointment.
- When you arrive, please text us, so we can utilize our curb-side attendant service. A technician will come out to your car to collect your pet. PLEASE STAY INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE. The technician will determine the best way to get your pet out of your vehicle.
- Rather than hanging out in your car while we examine, diagnose, and treat your pet, you will be admitting him or her to our hospital for a few hours at no additional charge. We will call you when we are finished examining your pet.
- When you arrive to pick up your pet, we ask that you text or call us letting you know we are here. A technician will bring your pet back out to your car. Again, we ask that you PLEASE STAY INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE.
Some requirements for this type of appointment will still pertain including a current veterinary-client-patient relationship and your pet should not have the symptoms of a potentially contagious illness.
We will begin offering telemedicine phone consultations for certain appointments. When you call to schedule an appointment, please let us know if you are uncomfortable leaving your home for a visit. At that time our receptionist will ask you some necessary questions to determine if your pet’s condition can be managed with a phone consultation. There are some conditions that should not be handled this way at which point we will request that you schedule an appointment (please see the previous options).
- A telemedicine consultation will be scheduled during a 20-minute window at which time our doctor will call you to discuss your pet’s health.
- After your consultation you will be charged an examination fee.
- If your veterinarian recommends an in-person appointment which you come in for within 3 days, your consultation fee will be credited towards your visit.
- Based on your consultation the veterinarian may also recommend medications or treatments.
Also note, a telemedicine consultation DOES require a current veterinary-client-patient relationship. This usually means an exam with us within the past year.
Prescription Medications & Dog Food
We are currently experiencing a high number of pet food purchases, please follow these steps so that we can best serve you and your pets, during this time.
- Please call ahead to be sure we have your pet’s specific food, in stock and/or to request a prescription refill.
- If we do have your pet’s food in stock, we can make arrangements for you to come pick it up.
- If we do NOT have your pet’s food in stock, we place an order weekly, so we will be sure to get it ordered ASAP.
- We will bring all items directly to your vehicle. We ask that you stay inside your vehicle, and text or call us when you have arrived.
- Because we may need additional information about which food you need to pick up, you are also welcome to call us if needed. We will collect payment at this time as well.
As always, please reach out with any questions or concerns.