Certified Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Assistant- Learn and Thrive with Us!
Come experience and live the PCAC difference.
Parker Center Animal Clinic believes in giving the best care to our best friends. At PCAC you have the opportunity to give compassionate, high-quality care to clients and patients who enjoy the relationships we build with them. We are a privately owned AAHA Accredited and a Cat-Friendly Practice so you know you will get to practice great client and patient care with us!
Parker Center Animal Clinic is a 4-5 doctor small animal (dogs, cats, and exotics) hospital located in Parker, Colorado. We see patients for a variety of needs including wellness, illness, surgery, and dentistry. We have an outstanding team that has a lot of fun working together. We thrive in our busy, fast-paced environment where we all support one another with a positive culture. We’re also big on individual leadership to create great teamwork!
As a veterinary technician (certified or with experience), you will utilize all the skills you have spent years learning and mastering. At our technician-centered hospital, your training will be put to use.
Working with Clients and Patients during appointments
- Taking History
- Writing Records
- Obtaining Samples
- Educating clients on their pet’s health, vaccines, preventative care, etc.
- Restraining dogs, cats, and exotic pets
- Taking radiographs
- Drawing blood and other samples
- Performing laboratory tests
- Placing bandages and other wound care
- Caring for hospitalized patients and more
Running Anesthetic Procedures:
- Placing IV catheters
- Calculating medications
- Monitoring anesthesia (certified technicians)
- Prepping patients for and assisting with surgical and dental procedures (certified technicians)
- Recovering patients after anesthesia
- Communicating procedure and home care information with clients and more
Put it all together and we are looking for excellent candidates who are knowledgeable, motivated, ready to lead, know how to communicate effectively, are excited to build relationships with clients, patients, and their team, and have great skills.
We do ask that you meet the following requirements:
- Ability to work 4 ten-hour shifts per week
- Availability between the hours of 6:30 am – 6:30 pm Monday through Friday and 7:30 am – 3:00 pm on Saturdays
- Current CVT/RVT/LVT or CVA / applicable experience
- Love of learning
- Consent to a background check
We offer competitive benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- CVT/RVT/LVT salary range $18.00-$23.00 DOE
- CVA or applicable experience salary range $17.00-$20.00 DOE
- 4 day work week
- Paid time off
- Uniform allowance
- Monthly training
- Employee assistance program
- CE allowance
- Friends and family discount
- No overnights or on-call hours
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement account with company match
- Paid professional dues and memberships
- Lunches on Saturdays
- Discounted veterinary care
Are you excited to be part of a clinic that has been called a technician’s “unicorn hospital”? If so, please send us your resume and letter of interest. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $23.00 per hour
We are currently offering in-hospital and curbside appointments.